NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Basic Electronics » ATMega168 Microcontroller simple relay with timer examIple

February 28, 2011
by vikasakiv

Hi guys,

I have recently received my kit and starting to learn how to do basic stuff on it. I'm looking to design a system in which I'm receiving a digital signal of 5 volts peak to peak. Based on that signal, I have to start a timer for say 30 mins and then trigger a relay which operates on about 12 volts. Would somebody be able to provide the schematic of the ATMega168 pins operating to trigger a relay mechanism? I would be highly grateful for your help.

Thank you, Vikas

February 28, 2011
by BobaMosfet

Actually in the downloads section, you can get the whole Datasheet for the MCU, which explains everything you need!

Welcome Aboard!

BM

March 01, 2011
by Rick_S

Vikas,

You will tend to get a much better response if you present your problem AFTER you've done your homework. By that I mean this. There is a wealth of information both on the forums here as well as in the tutorials on the website for controlling various devices such as motors and led's. You could learn a lot from thos examples and then proceed to build a circuit you thing would work with code to operate it. At that point if you were concerned, you could post photo's and code samples in your question and we would be more than happy to help you solve your problem.

Your project is just that, YOUR project. While we are happy to help you on the way, we don't typically do it for you. BobaMosfet pointed you to the datasheet. That is a great place to start. Watch the tutorials and download their sample code for them. You'll find a lot of valuable information there that can be repurposed to what your needs may be.

Rick

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that multiple MOSFETs can be used in parallel to switch bigger currents on and off? Learn more...