NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Microcontroller Programming » AVR Studio for atmega168

June 14, 2009
by b_technet

When I try to build and simulate using AVR Studio sp1 i get the error "pwm.c:80: undefined reference to `lcd_init'" When I compile it works ok. I know that Im missing information but please let me know what Im missing and how to fix the problem.

using winavr arv-gcc

avr-gcc -I"C:Documents and SettingscomputernameMy Documents......WinAVR-20090313libnerdkits" -I"C:Documents and SettingscomputernameMy Documents......WinAVR-20090313avrinclude" -mmcu=atmega168 -gdwarf-2 -std=gnu99 -Os -funsigned-char -fun signed-bitfields -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -Wall -MD -MP -MT pwm.o -MF dep/pwm.o.d -c ../pwm.c

../pwm.c: In function 'main':

../pwm.c:106: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast

avr-gcc -mmcu=atmega168 -Wl,-Map=pwm.map pwm.o -o pwm.elf C:Documents and SettingscomputernameMy Documentsdefault/../pwm.c:80: undefined reference to `lcd_init'

July 05, 2009
by BobaMosfet

The first error is the one you need to fix first, ignore the others until the first one is right. 'pwm.c' is referring or calling a function called lcd_init(). It can't find the library it's in (or maybe even the header file) because you haven't updated your compiler's path to know where to look for this library, which happens to get installed when winavr gets installed that nerdkits provides.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can connect to certain car computers via the OBD-II port with a microcontroller? Learn more...