NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » Mounting the pushbutton on the breadboard

December 28, 2010
by Steven

Hello everyone,

I seem to be having trouble mounting the included pushbutton on the breadboard as in the traffic light project image. My first concern is the leads on the pushbutton look too large for the breadboard holes, and second that the leads are not bent to the same spacing.

Should I need to bend and/or file the leads on the pushbutton? I have no problem soldering a few wires onto the button, but if I can get it on the breadboard without damaging it or the button I'd be a happier camper.

December 28, 2010
by Steven

Just kidding, I got it in. I bent the pins carefully with needle nose pliers and gently "wobbled" it in.

December 28, 2010
by mongo

Soldering little leads to the button works for me. This way, I don't spring the connection points inside the boards.

I just ran to Radio Shack today to get some more wire for my projects too.

By the way... Resistor leads are great for short jumpers. Nothing goes to waste around here.

December 28, 2010
by Steven

Soldering little leads to the button works for me. This way, I don't spring the connection points inside the boards.

I'll probably end up doing so as well; thanks for the suggestion!

By the way... Resistor leads are great for short jumpers. Nothing goes to waste around here.

That's an awesome idea; I'll be sure to keep those around instead of tossing them.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that a microcontroller can measure an RC time constant? Learn more...