NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Project Help and Ideas » Music box projects

December 19, 2010
by vespertilio

Hello,

I'm trying to create a music box that will play a simple theme with my nerd kit for a christmas present. I was thrilled when I saw the video tutorial, but it turned out to not have any explanation on how to build the circuit. All it said was "if you've been following along with the guide, you should have this set up" or something. What guide is this video referring too? After that, I found http://www.nerdkits.com/forum/thread/994/ but same problem, no explanation of how to actually build the circuit, just a picture with various wires blocked out by components.

Can anyone give me a brief set of instructions for how to construct a music box? Or direct me to the guide I'm supposed to be using? I'm not afraid of the programming, I just don't know how to construct the circuit.

December 20, 2010
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi vespertillio,

The "setup" that that video refers to is just the things that are required to get the chip to run. This means the power connections, oscillator, bypass capacitor, and programming switch. The only other component is the piezzo buzzer which you connect directly to the pin that is creating the PWM signal. There really isn't any circuitry that goes with this project. If you are confused about something about the concepts in the video about how we create the music with the microcontroller let us know and we would be glad to help you.

Humberto

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that two resistors plus a transistor can be used to make a better voltage supply? Learn more...