NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » TRAFFIC LIGHTS PROJECT

December 16, 2010
by FERGALICOUS

Hi guys, where do i find the instructions for the traffic light project ? i can't find a link anywhere.

December 16, 2010
by rajabalu21

Check this page (Traffic light controller)

December 16, 2010
by FERGALICOUS

yeah went to that but there's no link to the project details. anyone else help ?

December 16, 2010
by mongo

Go to the downloads area. Near the bottom of the list is a link to the schematics. The one for the traffic light project is in that file. That's really all you need. The rest is in the programming and the description in the NK guide.

December 16, 2010
by FERGALICOUS

thanks mongo, i went there but there wasn't anything for the traffic lights. maybe i got a different NK guide ? it doesn't have anything either. TOO HARD. i'll try another project.

December 16, 2010
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi fergalicous,

The traffic light project is not something we provide step by step instructions for because it is a project we hope you attempt yourself. You learned how to plug an LED directly into the MCU in the guide, and it really just involves adding more LEDs in the right place. Its a good project to attempt if you are feeling adventurous!

Humberto

December 19, 2010
by FERGALICOUS

ok. finished then traffic lights. very cool. can i suggest a topic for a video tutorial. how to use a multi meter for newbies, would be very helpful me thinks. i read the book that came with it, (sorry, i looked at the words & thought 'wonder what all that means ?'). i'm sure it all makes perfect sense if you understand it but . . .

December 19, 2010
by FERGALICOUS

sorry, another question. i want to make the buzzer thing buzz when the lights stop for the pedestrians to walk. any idea where i should look ?

December 19, 2010
by mongo

Interesting thought. I think I can put the traffic light project together again and see what can be done. I have a dual servo setup on it right now, as I haven't really had much time to work with it.

December 20, 2010
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi FERGALICOUS,

There are a few places where we use the piezzo electric buzzer to make noise. Take a look at the Making Music with a microcontroller video. In that program we vary the PWM frequency to create different notes but if you just want a buzzer you can essentially just connect your buzzer to a properly initiated PWM output. We also used the buzzer in our Halloween Human Theremin video to create the spooky buzz.

Humberto

December 20, 2010
by FERGALICOUS

thanks guys. i'll have a crack at it. let you know how i go

March 28, 2011
by hariharan

in the human theremin project, can you use a polarized capacitor in order to make triangle waves?

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you need to think about wires differently when you're transmitting signals more than a few inches? Learn more...