NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » Maybe it isn't a butterfly/AVR109 but a AVR910 device?

November 09, 2010
by zrouse

I do not know what is going on here. I tried switching the data (yellow & green) wires. I triple checked all of my connections, I know the assembly is correct...

I just don't know if I burnt it up or what has happen. I have uploaded multiple programs before, with the same systematic approach. Any help would help thanks.

November 09, 2010
by Ralphxyz

and your problem is?? We certainly do not know what is going on there also.

A little more details about your problem would help us help you.

Screen shots and pictures might also help.

Ralph

November 10, 2010
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi zrouse,

This "Maybe it isn't a butterfly/AVR109 but a AVR910 device?" error message can be caused by a great many things. It basically means the cable can't seem to talk to the chip. Like Ralph said, if you provide us with screen shots of the error message, a picture of your setup, or any other information as to what is going wrong (and why you think it is going wrong) it would help us point you in the right direction.

The best place to start looking is the battery, are you sure you are getting a good 9V out of your battery, and a good 5V across your power rails?

Humberto

July 09, 2011
by ddanbe

Hi Humberto,

I got the message you described during make of the temperature sensor, checked the wiring. Got 9.5 V on the battery and 4.8 V on the rails. Any suggestions what I could do in the first place to remedy the problem? The very first program from the manual, ran without any problem. Running Windows 7 with the new driver you proposed in another post.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Danny

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can control 120 LEDs with just 17 microcontroller pins? Learn more...