NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » Are you for real? WTF!

May 31, 2009
by luisgarciaalanis

OMG! I just got the Kit and I am trying to do the first project and I am stuck on the caps :( the look tiny I can't read the label on them, they kind of look the same size :( I have a magnifier lense and its not enough.. Now I undersend why resistors use colors. I think the ones in pair have a 2X.XX number so I will use the other one that I can't read but does not look like a 2 probably 1

June 10, 2009
by BobaMosfet

Go to your local camera shop and ask them if they have an 18-55mm lens for any camera that has a broken mount (making it useless). If so, you can hold it backwards and look through it and every part becomes giant! It's what I did :P

Don't guess, you can burn something up if you use the wrong part. :P

December 28, 2009
by RayMarron

Holy smokes, those ARE tiny! Luckily, I had my daughter's microscope nearby to borrow - they're pretty easy to read at 40x! :-p

December 28, 2009
by mongo

Personally... I use a jeweler's loupe. I used to make jewelry, so a couple of them are still around. Any good magnifier should work. Younger eyes will probably have better luck with less magnification.

February 27, 2010
by Hexorg

scratches head ... I guess I'm Jake 2.0

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can generate hundreds of volts AC from your microcontroller with a little bit of circuitry? Learn more...