NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Customer Testimonials » Loving the Kit

October 13, 2010
by Eddie

Okay I got the kit a few weeks ago but I hadn't had the time to post a review. I'm a 1st year CompSci major and I've always had an interest in electronics. So far with the kit, I've been able to learn A LOT about electronics and apply some of the programming knowledge I already have, which has been very interesting.

Anyway great job with the kit and the guide, not to mention all the videos/tutorials! Keep up the good work.

Also, just a little side note for other people that have the kit. If you don't want to have to open up the command prompt, navigate to your directory using "cd", and then running the make command every time you want to upload code to your microcontroller here is a little shortcut/tip.

• Open up Notepad and type the following

make
    pause

• Save it as AnythingYouWant.bat inside the same directory where your Make file is located

• When you are saving it, under "Save as type" Choose "All Files"
  • You can save it as anything you want as long as you end it with ".bat"

Now every time you want to upload code to your micro, just connect it using your USB and open the file you just created. Anyway, I hope at least one person finds this to be useful lol.

P.S. The word "pause" will just prevent the command prompt window from automatically closing after it runs the command "make". You can remove the word "pause" so that the command prompt window automatically closes after it runs the make command but if there is an error in compiling the code you will never know because the window will just close :)

October 13, 2010
by Eddie

Lol sorry about the Code Block, that was an accident

October 14, 2010
by mrobbins
(NerdKits Staff)

Hey Eddie,

Welcome to the forums, and great to hear that you're learning a lot from the kit! Your batch file idea seems like a convenient shortcut for Windows users. FYI: I reformatted your post so it isn't a code block anymore.

Mike

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that multiple MOSFETs can be used in parallel to switch bigger currents on and off? Learn more...